To see a list of the most common fitting problems we regularly help our clients with, please click here.
*Our foot shape acquisition process allows us to obtain the exact dimensions of your insoles or orthotics, so that they become part of the volume of your feet when making your shoes. Once your shoes are made, you may insert your own insoles or orthotics into the shoes before putting them on.
9 STEP PROCESS
A bespoke shoe or boot order may be placed through our website from our classic bespoke collection.
2. Bio-Foam® box delivery
On the next business day after you have placed your order, we will ship to you our Bio-Foam® Box and email you a UPS tracking number. Delivery will take 2 to 4 business days through UPS inside the US, or 4 to 7 business days through DHL Worldwide Express outside the US.
3. Foot Shape Acquisition Process
Once you receive our Bio-Foam® molds, you may follow our instructions manual included in the box, or book a Zoom video call to obtain live guidance from our bespoke specialist by clicking here.
- Our first step involves stepping into our Bio-Foam® molds to provide us with each of your feet's exact perimetric shape and contours. This is a crucial step as it defines the shape and dimensions of your footwear’s leather soles, which is the most rigid and unforgiving part of the entire shoe.
- During the second step, we will ask you to email us 4 pictures of each of your feet from 4 specific angles defined in our instructions manual. Our last maker will annotate on your pictures the exact location of where to take each of the 5 girth measurements that will provide us with your feet's volume and fitting preferences.
- During this third and last step, you will be using the pictures that will be emailed back to you as a detailed guide for the girth measurement taking process. You may take these measurements in the same position you normally tie your shoelaces, or with the help of a 3rd person while you stand in place. No matter how advanced and precise a foot shape acquisition process is, the factor that decides the comfort level of a shoe is defined by your feet’s elasticity index, in other words, how snug or roomy you want your shoes to fit you throughout different areas of your feet.
4. Return Bio-Foam® box with prepaid UPS return label
Once you have completed the foot shape acquisition process, please use the insured and prepaid sticker return label included in the original box to ship back to us your foot molds and the form you filled out with your girth measurements and elasticity indexes.
5. Shoe last blueprint review
Once we receive your foot molds, we will email you within 3 business days a blueprint of your shoe lasts. The goal is to make sure that you are fully satisfied with how the toe box of your shoes will look in terms of how round or pointy they are. You may request as many revisions as needed. Each revision takes 2 business days for us to produce.
6. Shoe or boot last carving
Once you have approved the blueprint of your lasts, our last maker will proceed with the physical carving of your lasts, which takes 10 business days.
7. Shoemaking process
Our shoemaker in Italy will use your personal lasts to begin the crafting of your bespoke shoes or boots. The shoemaking process takes a total of 12 weeks.
8. Order delivery
Your shoes, once fully completed, will be shipped to your home using insured and trackable UPS or DHL Worldwide Express within 2 to 7 business days depending on the US state or country you live in. Your tracking number will be sent to your email address.
9. Receiving and wearing your bespoke shoes or boots
Once you receive your shoes or boots, please try them on while wearing the same socks you wore during your foot impression process. We believe you will experience something truly amazing if you have never worn bespoke shoes before as they are made to mold to your feet. We offer a fit guarantee to make sure that our shoes or boots fit you exactly the way you want. If you need assistance, please reach out to us for help.